Understanding the Watchlist function
By default the Watchlist window shows the following columns. The user can add, remove or move the available properties as desired. For the list of available properties, see the Properties page.
- From the bottom of the watchlist it is possible to open an Order Manager related to the tools present on the watchlist itself. From here you can check the execution of the orders or proceed with the modification and cancellation of the orders;
- Enable Fast Trading: it is a particular mode of use recommended exclusively to EXPERT USERS which allows you to send orders to the market with a single mouse click. When the Fast Trading mode is active the button turns yellow and the cap, Bid, Bid Size, Ask and Ask Size are colored in red and green, indicating that it is possible to send orders by clicking directly on the corresponding price . By clicking on Bid Size and Ask Size a MARKET order is sent, by clicking on Bid and Ask a STOP / LIMIT order is sent. When you click on the price a sliding drop-down menu appears through the mouse wheel to choose the desired price. Orders are sent to the Account selected above, with the chosen quantity. If no Account is indicated no order will be sent;
- The central part of the watchlist shows the list of assets selected with their properties;
- The watchlist is very broad in order to be able to add Indicators directly to it, without necessarily having to open a chart.
Through the menu accessible with the right mouse button you can access the functions available for the watchlist that we see below in detail.
- Trading: there are in-depth trading functions in the next paragraphs;
- Profit / Loss: there are in-depth profit / loss functions in the next paragraphs;
- Indicators: if enabled (after inserting an indicator on the watchlist) it allows to modify or remove the indicator;
- Alert: if enabled (after entering an alert on the watchlist) it allows you to modify or remove the alert;
- QuickAlerts: there are the commands for setting up and consulting the quickalert as explained in the next paragraphs;
- Symbols: there are commands for adding and removing tools on the watchlist;
- Group: there are commands for the asset grouping function as explained in the following paragraphs;
- Open DOM: opens the DOM for the selected asset;
- Open Chart: opens the Chart for the selected asset;
- Open Correlation: opens the Correlation Matrix for the assets present in the watchlist;
- Choose Properties: opens the Choose Properties window to choose which properties of assets to display;
- Use Radial Context Menu: change the contextual menu mode.
- Buy Stop / Limit: enter a purchase order by setting the price, beeTrader sends a Stop or Limit order in relation to the price entered and to the Last price of the instrument;
- Sell Stop / Limit: enters a sales order by setting the price, beeTrader sends a Stop or Limit order in relation to the price entered and to the Last price of the instrument;
- Buy at Market: enter a purchase order at the Market price;
- Sell at Market: enter a sales order at the Market price
- Bracket Orders: enters a purchase or sale order with the function Bracket Order ;
- Money Management: through the Monet Management window it is possible to set stop loss, take profit and trailing stops for each asset in the Watchlist. Upon the occurrence of these conditions beeTrader proposes the respective order or sends it automatically. All orders can then be followed by the Order Manager below;
- Cancel all pending orders: delete all pending orders, therefore not yet executed, present on all assets.
- Show / Hide Profit / Loss: enables / disables the display of the profit / loss of the assets present in the watchlist, in addition to the portfolio one;
- Profit / Loss Mode: sets the profit / loss calculation mode between last, bid, ask, average bid / ask or pejorative price depending on the position;
- Set Manual Open Position: set your position manually, indicating the quantity of the instrument and the loading price, the profit / loss of the asset will be calculated from the set parameters;
- Clear Manual Open Position: deletes the manual settings for the asset position on which the profit / loss is calculated.
Select the cell in which you want to apply the QuickAlerts, then choosing the financial instrument and the corresponding property (Last, Ask, Bid, Profti & Loss);
Click with the right mouse button and select “Add Quick Alerts”, or use the appropriate “Add Quick Alerts” button in the menu;
Set the desired parameters in the “Quick Alerts Settings” window. In this window it is also possible to associate a sound with the quick alert and type a note that will be shown in the alert window;
Check the currently active alerts via the “Quick Alerts List” window accessible from the menu.
This function allows you to group the instruments present in the watch list and assign a name to each group. In this way it is possible, for example, to see the profit / loss of only one group of instruments. The grouping can be done through the menu accessible from the right mouse button or by dragging (drag & drop) one tool onto another.
The Link function allows you to connect the Watchlist to one or more Charts, in order to change the asset of the chart by selecting it from the watchlist. By practically scrolling through the assets on the watchlist, they will be plotted on the chart.
To identify the watchlist and chart belonging to the same group there is a colored square on each Chart and the same color is used for the border of the watchlist