Understanding the Chart function
The Chart window consists of several elements:
- is the information bar of the Chart. Display: the last of the asset, the Open, High, Low and Close values of the candle on which you pause with the mouse, the monetary variation and percentage with respect to the previous candle. If indicators are added to the Chart the indicators data and two buttons to remove the indexer or to change the parameters are also displayed;
- is the box that opens with a simple click of the user to display the Profit / Loss and the Open Position of the operations performed by the Chart, both manually and through Strategy;
- is the panel that is created when you add indicators that are not overlap (superimposed on the asset graph). A new panel is created for each indicator;
- is the panel that shows the graph of the asset and eventually the indicators overlap;
- if indicated “Orders to …“ means that orders are sent to a different broker than the one selected for historical data;
- is the Trading Sidebar, or the section dedicated to Chart Trading and Strategy Trading.
Create a Chart
A Chart can be created from the Quick Start page (which is the first page visible when opening beeTrader), from the File menu and from the New menu.
Once you have clicked the button, you need to select the symbol of the asset you want to use. For convenience, more than 300 assets are already present and will be presented to the user. If you wish to insert other symbols, refer to the manual Symbol Manager.
- Data Symbol: by clicking the “Select” button the list of assets already available for the broker used is presented. If you wish to insert other symbols, refer to the manual Symbol Manager.
- Current: once the asset is selected, its name is displayed;
- Periodicity: is the period chosen for the creation of the Chart;
- Bar Interval: is the number of periods for the creation of the Chart, works in combination with Periodicity. In the example the chart time frame will be 5 minutes;
- Bar History: it is the number of historical data that will be requested to the broker according to the previous choices. Please note that some brokers have limitations on the historical data available;
- Change Orders Symbol: if flagged it indicates that while the Chart will be created using the historical data of a broker, the orders will be executed on another broker. beeTrader allows you to use more than one broker at the same time;
- Order Symbol: clicking the “Select” button, the list of assets already available for the broker to which orders are sent is presented. If you wish to insert other symbols, refer to the manual
- Current: once the asset is selected, its name is displayed;
- Filter Time Session: if flagged, it enables the fields below to filter the historical data displayed on the Chart;
- View Data From: is the start time of the historical data displayed on the Chart;
- View Data To: is the end time of the historical data displayed on the Chart
- Trading Times: indicates the session times of the membership tag of the asset. If you wish to make changes, refer to the manual Symbol Manager.
Through the menu accessible with the right mouse button you can use all the Chart Trading functions that we see below in detail.
- Buy Here: enters a purchase order at the price indicated by the mouse, the price after entry is changeable;
- Sell Here: enters a sales order at the price indicated by the mouse, the price after entry is editable;
- Buy At Market: enter a purchase order at the Market price, the order will then be executed immediately;
- Sell At Market: enters a sales order at the Market price, the order will then be executed immediately;
- Bracket Orders: enter a purchase or sale order with the function Bracket Order;
- Order Cancel Order: if there are several active orders, the function can be enabled Order Cancel Order, that is to the execution of an order the other one is canceled;
- Trailing Stop: set the necessary parameters for the Trailing Stop as shown below on this page;
- Clear Orders: delete all active orders on the Chart;
- Alert Line: draw a horizontal line that acts as an Alert. When crossing the Alert Line you will get a visual and sound choice;
- Horizontal Line: draws a horizontal line at the selected point. With the right button on the line you can proceed with the modification;
- Vertical Line: draw a vertical line at the selected point. With the right button on the line you can proceed with the modification;
- Open Trading Sidebar: opens the Trading Sidebar.
Once you click on the type of order you want to insert, beeTrader offers a mini book to provide the user with the possibility of verifying the correctness of the order he is about to send. In the mini books for At Market orders obviously the price is not reported because the order will be sent in order to be immediately executed and therefore at the worst price.
Buy At Market
Sell At Market
In the Trailing Stop function it is necessary to set the profit to which the trailing stop must be activated and the percentage of the profit to be put at risk before the closing of the position. As soon as the risk percentage chosen by the user is eroded by beeTrader, a market order will start to close the position.
When an order is entered on the chart it is represented as in the image and it is possible to intervene for the cancellation with the X button and also for moving the order simply by dragging the arrow to the desired price. Each change requires the cancellation of the previous order and the entry of a new order. Clicking instead on the quantity entered opens immediately below the order a window to change the order quantity.
Any transaction on sent orders can also be performed by Order Manager.
Data is the section of the Chart Settings window that allows you to change the settings regarding the asset: the timeframe, the historical data displayed and possibly a filter on the latter
Orders is the section of the Chart Settings window that allows you to send both chart trading and strategy trading orders (deriving from Signal) on a different broker than the one used for historical data
Style is the section of the Chart Settings window that allows you to change the settings regarding the style of the Chart. It is therefore possible to change the type of graph, enable or disable the grid, enable or disable the panel separator, enable or disable the indicator label, choose to display the symbol or name of the asset, or to display the orders to right or left and choose whether to include the Drawing when saving the Template. There are also more specific features such as the choice whether to use the last or average bid / ask for the drawing of the Chart and for all the scripts
Colors is the section of the Chart Settings window that allows you to change all the colors of the various sections of the Chart
Font is the section of the Chart Settings window that allows you to modify the fonts of the writings that appear on the Chart to the insertion of studies that include writings, for example Fibonacci Retracements
Signals is the section of the Chart Settings window that allows you to change all the colors related to the orders market executed automatically (Backtest or Strategy);
The “Link” function allows you to combine different charts in a single group and up to four different groups. Once the different charts are grouped it is possible to make changes (symbol, timeframe, indicator, template) simultaneously on the whole chart group. A colored square at the top right of the chart identifies which group the Chart belongs to.